A customer brought in his 2012 iMac which was running painfully slow. After a good clean and upgrade we speeded it up beyond all his expectations. As you can see below this job was an 8 step process:
- We removed the LCD panel (front)
- We removed every component, fan, power supply, main board and speakers
- We cleaned the chassis and associated air vents, fan and main board.
- We increased the RAM (from 4GB to 16GB) which is located on the rear of the main board. (Select models only, as on some models the RAM is soldered onto the board.)
- We removed the old Hard Drive (we backed up the old drive) and replaced it with a 1TB SSD drive. (You can opt to install a 2,3,4TB SSD drive)
- We reinstalled a fresh copy of the Mac OS system
- We copied the backed up files back to the new SSD
- We fixed the LCD panel onto the chassis using the specified fixing kit
Price point: £175-£350 depending on spec.